Mr Deepak Jha, CEO and Managing Director, British Columbia Faculty of Administration (BCCM) talks about his imaginative and prescient. BCCM was not too long ago incepted and 2022-23 is the very first tutorial yr.
1. Organising a brand new academic institute is not any youngster’s play, that too in an space the place there is no such thing as a dearth of studying centres with hospitality schooling and culinary institutes mushrooming throughout India. What ideas went into the entire technique of BCCM?
Reply . Sure , this isn’t a simple task and on the similar time this isn’t new both. I’ve already established my very own lodge administration schools (CIHM) in North Bihar in 2015 and our placement is our successes mantra. I all the time settle for the challenges and discover the potential of contributing in higher method to our hospitality sector and to the society. Within the final seven years we’ve got offered higher infrastructure, teachers, and coaching which helped us to put 100% of our college students in all main nationwide and worldwide chains of accommodations in India and overseas, which has given me the boldness that I can do significantly better in Delhi NCR.
2. What gave you the boldness that BCCM is all set to welcome college students?
Reply. World class infrastructure, our very long time methods, planning, nationwide and worldwide associations, skilled colleges, and BCCM management staff.
3. What are the USPs of learning at BCCM?
Reply : Owned and managed by professionals, studying instantly from the recruiters instantly, know-how based mostly expert based mostly versatile curriculum supported by LMS which permits college students the pliability to select up any task as per their comfort, examine supplies, course content material augmented with trade interplay, and actual life store flooring inputs from senior managers working in reputed manufacturers, assured 100% placement, certificates from UGC NAAC-A accredited College within the first yr and a couple ofnd & 3rd years from international college which is able to assist college students to get a two yr work allow in Canada and Europe.
4. You’re a veteran within the hospitality trade and have witnessed it change and evolve. How prepared are the hospitality graduates for a job within the trade?
Reply : That is very true that now the situation modified and our college students are getting positioned into hospitality and tourism sector, airways , retail, banking, IT Sector. However the recruitments are majorly taking place within the hospitality and tourism sectors.
5. What do you suppose are the winners? What are the inherent qualities in Indian college students that may take them locations?
Reply. In India, in comparison with different administration graduates, lodge administration graduates are getting much less wage, however service costs and ideas compensate for that, however that’s solely in 5 star accommodations. We’re helping them to work in Canada and Europe the place their wage might multiply by 5 to 6 instances. There’s a desire and an enormous demand for Indian expert manpower.
6.What are the areas that want enchancment?
Reply . All establishments ought to focus extra on sensible than theoretical schooling . Higher internships needs to be offered to their college students and accommodations ought to deal with them as internship college students.
7. How can one make it occur?
Reply . By having a superb publicity to the hospitality sector and be passionate to do one thing for the trade and society .
8. What are BCCMs plans for the rapid future? What can the scholars or mother and father anticipate in the case of careers?
Reply . To start out our Canada and Europe department operations by December this yr, and on-line schooling and certification programs for working government by November 2022.
9. BCCM in 2025 – What are your goals?
Reply . BCCM needs to be acknowledged because the main and famend administration school of India.